Beach Camping Shelter
Camp by the waters’ edge with a roaring fire and a ripper
A popular option among camping enthusiasts, our private beach camping shelters offer a truly unforgettable experience unique to Kooljaman. Located on the eastern side between the bush and the swimming beach, our beach camping shelters were built with the environment in mind and are supplied with local bore water to maintain a low impact on country.
Camp on the sand and fall asleep to the sound of the water lapping just a few metres away from your resting spot. In the morning rise and shine as the sun climbs over the horizon, and cook up your breakfast on the open fire before meandering down to the waters’ edge for a soothing dip. The first nights’ load of firewood is complimentary.
Featuring shared amenities, an open fire pit with hot plate, fresh water outdoor shower, sand floor, picnic table and palm frond walls and roof. You’ll provide the rest in order to customize your experience. With no access to a communal kitchen or power, this option is most suitable for the independent camper who is able to provide their own bedding and a sense of adventure.
While most sites are suitable for small camper trailers, please mention upon booking if you plan on bringing one to ensure we assign you a camper-trailer friendly shelter.
Kooljaman. Where every guest is family and you are always welcome home.
- No bedding provided
- No power provided
- No communal camp kitchen or cooking facilities provided
- Shared amenities
- Private fire pit with first nights’wood complimentary. Each load of wood $20 thereafter, ordered at reception or Dinkas cafe
- Outdoor freshwater shower
- Picnic table
- Palm frond walls & roof, sand floor
- Some sites camper-trailer suitable. Please enquire upon booking
- Metres from the Eastern Swimming Beach
- No alcohol for sale at Kooljaman. BYO welcome
- Strictly no pets
- 4WD access only
- Bore water is drinkable
- Bush Butler option available
- Restaurant bookings for dinner essential
- Board games for hire at reception
- Check in 2pm. Check out 10am
- Prices are based on twin share, charges apply for additional adults or children.
- 3 night stays are the most economical option
- Prices vary according to seasons and events